ZTE NUBIA Z5 mini (Snapdragon S4 Pro, 2Gb, 4,7')

Обзоры\ Тесты\ Обсуждения смартфонов, коммуникаторов

Модераторы: Lunat, pvsurkov, AlexG1, KSAT

Куратор темы: polumish

Сообщение Ответ:#1 » polumish » 24 окт 2013, 19:39

ZTE NUBIA Z5 mini.

Немного характеристик -

Демо фото и видеосьёмки:

Личные впечатления -

В общем - добро пожаловать в клуб!

Полезное (драйвера, root, рекавери):

Прошивки (Stock, Giomod, MIUI, UKZ_ROM) :

Патчи, всякое -

Последний раз редактировалось polumish 10 дек 2013, 12:56, всего редактировалось 41 раз(а).

polumish
Интересующийся

Сообщение Ответ:#21 » __aeabi_memcpy8 » 10 ноя 2013, 13:57

К слову о железе - кто-нибудь может объяснить, почему на всех прошивках (и оф., и моды) в build.prop прописан SoC MSM8960? В смысле, на работу устройства это мало влияет, все четыре ядра работают и при желании регулируются, только в тестах (которые походу информацию только из build.prop и берут, что сводит их полезность на нет) отображается чипсет S4 Plus с ускорителем Adreno 320, что довольно забавно.

__aeabi_memcpy8
Новичок

Сообщение Ответ:#22 » Burs » 10 ноя 2013, 15:56

polumish писал(а) on 10 ноя 2013, 11:10:
Burs писал(а) on 09 ноя 2013, 14:32:GPU frequency is set to on-demand by default, that's why we get only ~15k on MIUI rom :ny_tik:
If you install Android Tuner and set the GPU in performance mode, the score is almost 21k like on the screenshot :co_ol:

-Добавлено в шапку. (раздел полезное)

And just a quick warning about CPU tweaking. Don't change anything there, because it won't give better scores, and it will mess up the phone (touch input not recognized correctly). After reboot everything's back to normal, but anyway, don't mess with it, it's not worth it.

And regarding GPU tweak, that's "usefull" only for the benchmark tests. The technology is implemented the way that it gradualy increases the GPU frequency according to the app's needs. That is not good for the benchmark (scaling up takes time and it's not at full by the end of the benchmark - that's why the score moves between 15-17k), but for the gaming performace you don't need to worry. If the framerate falls down considerably, the frequency will be bumped up immediately and automaticaly.

Last but not least, it's not very good to set the GPU frequency to performance mode at all times! The battery will drain faster and the phone will get hotter, even with the simplier tasks involved. So, for the benchmark purposes try it and see how it works, but for everyday's usage, just leave it at default (on-demand mode).

And thanks for translation, polumish :) God knows what would come out if I translated it through Google Translate :)

Posted after 15 minutes 30 seconds:
__aeabi_memcpy8 писал(а) on 10 ноя 2013, 13:57:К слову о железе - кто-нибудь может объяснить, почему на всех прошивках (и оф., и моды) в build.prop прописан SoC MSM8960? В смысле, на работу устройства это мало влияет, все четыре ядра работают и при желании регулируются, только в тестах (которые походу информацию только из build.prop и берут, что сводит их полезность на нет) отображается чипсет S4 Plus с ускорителем Adreno 320, что довольно забавно.

I would say current apps (CPU-Z, AnTuTu, etc.) are still trying to *guess* what hardware our phones have. Z5 mini is still new on the market, and it's gonna take some time for those apps to properly recognize hardware inside it. So yes, I think it's hardware incompatibility. Z5 mini has APQ8064 and S4Pro (not SD600 like others say!), so these specs are for granted. And it can't be S4Plus, because all of those chips are dual-core only.

Burs
Новичок

Сообщение Ответ:#23 » polumish » 10 ноя 2013, 23:54

Добавил в шапку патченное ядро с увеличенной частотой GPU. Повышает количество попугаев в Antutu до 20000, без стороннего софта в ondemand mode.

polumish
Интересующийся

Сообщение Ответ:#24 » Burs » 11 ноя 2013, 00:07

polumish писал(а) on 10 ноя 2013, 23:54:Добавил в шапку патченное ядро с увеличенной частотой GPU. Повышает количество попугаев в Antutu до 20000, без стороннего софта в ondemand mode.

If I understood correctly, why-o-why? I liked your previous mods, but running GPU@400Mhz at all times is a very bad idea! Yes, AnTuTu score will not suffer anymore, but the phone will get hotter for sure, even without running demanding 3D games, and the battery will be drained much faster. Please test it anyway and report back. But I don't think results will be good.

Burs
Новичок

Сообщение Ответ:#25 » polumish » 11 ноя 2013, 01:22

Burs писал(а) on 11 ноя 2013, 00:07:
polumish писал(а) on 10 ноя 2013, 23:54:Добавил в шапку патченное ядро с увеличенной Максимальной частотой GPU. Повышает количество попугаев в Antutu до 20000, без стороннего софта в ondemand mode.

If I understood correctly, why-o-why? I liked your previous mods, but running GPU@400Mhz at all times is a very bad idea! Yes, AnTuTu score will not suffer anymore, but the phone will get hotter for sure, even without running demanding 3D games, and the battery will be drained much faster. Please test it anyway and report back. But I don't think results will be good.

No, you not understand correctly. After patch GPU works on normal ondemand mode, default freq. is 320 MHz. Increased only maximum GPU frequency - to 450 MHz.

polumish
Интересующийся

Сообщение Ответ:#26 » Burs » 11 ноя 2013, 15:28

Ok then, I'm glad I misunderstood you. It would be a bad call for sure.
So, the real problem is that default on-demand mode is not working properly, so the frequency is not scaled up at all? That's a serious rom issue.
On a side note, I thought the default is 350Mhz, not 320? And isn't 450Mhz a bit too much, as it would be considered as OC'ed, because max specs says 400Mhz?

So, using your patch, the phone would drain battery slower because of 30Mhz less speed in 2D (btw, is there a lag in UI?), and in 3D and benchmarks we would get even
higher scores because of the 50Mhz overclock? Interesting.

Anyway, I see only APQ8064AB SD600 clocked at 450Mhz (also Adreno 320), so I guess our chips can also run as fast as that one without problems?

Since you're experienced rom developer, can you tell me how difficult would it be to unlock other 3G bands (900Mhz specificaly), because the radio is sure enough capable of transmitting at that frequency. I assume there is only a bit or two which must be turned on in order to have that. Also, is there any way to get back the USB Mass Storage mode from previous Android versions? I'm sick and tired of slow wireless transfers, and MTP doesn't allow all files to be transfered and mess up the filestamps.

Burs
Новичок

Сообщение Ответ:#27 » polumish » 11 ноя 2013, 18:56

0. Увы, патч для GPU не мой, взят у друзей-китайцев (Patch for GPU created by china users)
On a side note, I thought the default is 350Mhz, not 320? And isn't 450Mhz a bit too much, as it would be considered as OC'ed, because max specs says 400Mhz?
Yes.
После патча частота GPU в ondemand меняется с 320 до 450 MHz. Изначально диапазон для этого режима - 350-400MHz, если я не ошибаюсь.
So, using your patch, the phone would drain battery slower because of 30Mhz less speed in 2D (btw, is there a lag in UI?), and in 3D and benchmarks we would get even
higher scores because of the 50Mhz overclock?
Yes, but need additional testing.
Человек спрашивает - верно-ли, что расход уменьшится из-за понижения частоты GPU в 2d режиме, а в 3D вырастет производительность? Да, теоретически это так. Но необходимо дополнительное тестирование.
can you tell me how difficult would it be to unlock other 3G bands (900Mhz specificaly), because the radio is sure enough capable of transmitting at that frequency.Also, is there any way to get back the USB Mass Storage mode from previous Android versions? I'm sick and tired of slow wireless transfers, and MTP doesn't allow all files to be transfered and mess up the filestamps.
I'm sorry, now I don't know how to do it.
Если кто-то знает, как разблокировать частоту 900МГц, подсказывайте. То-же и по USB storage.

polumish
Интересующийся

Сообщение Ответ:#28 » Burs » 11 ноя 2013, 19:53

I applied GPU OC patch and below are results compared to manual setting @ 400Mhz in performance mode. If you're running at stock speeds, then I definitely recommend to apply the patch, because the difference in performance will be even more than obvious.

3DMark = 49fps -> 53fps (+8,16%)
AnTuTu = 20913 -> 21032 (+0,57%)
Quadrant = 7361 -> 7494 (+1,81%)
T-Rex HD = 22fps -> 25fps (+13,64%)
Egypt HD = 49fps -> 51fps (+4,08%)
NenaMark2 = 66fps -> 66fps (0%)
Epic Citadel = 61fps -> 61fps (0%)

Last two benchmarks seem to be locked @ ~60fps. The same results are given on 350/400/450 Mhz.
Anyways, it seems most tests are CPU bottlenecked, since the GPU OC doesn't help too much (but it IS slightly better).
No other real-world app tests, sorry. If someone does it, please post results.
btw, I'm still on 3.10.18, so the scores might change across versions up to newest 3.11.8

Theoreticaly, there should be 12,5% performance increase (GPU wise), but real-world apps will show varying results. That doesn't neccessarily means lower performance than in theory. If the GPU was a bottleneck for some app before, then CPU might give even more juice, and thus perform better overall.

Heat? Minimal increase. But nothing to worry about. Been reading others are pushing the GPU upto 487Mhz. It may even be because I've run all of those tests one after another with very little pauses, so the device didn't have time to cool off. 2D performance is still enjoyable as before. Nothing changed (and that's a positive thing), so everything is still going smooth as butter.

Please post your comments, tests, scores, etc...

Burs
Новичок

Сообщение Ответ:#29 » Burs » 13 ноя 2013, 14:58

polumish писал(а) on 11 ноя 2013, 18:56:0. Увы, патч для GPU не мой, взят у друзей-китайцев (Patch for GPU created by china users)

Can you please post the link where you found the patch? Maybe they have something for unlocking other 3G bands too? Thanks!

Burs
Новичок

Сообщение Ответ:#30 » Kano » 13 ноя 2013, 17:02

polumish, присматриваюсь к аппарату, подскажи почем и где заказывал и какой комплект?

Kano
Новичок

Сообщение Ответ:#31 » polumish » 13 ноя 2013, 19:08

Kano писал(а) on 13 ноя 2013, 17:02:polumish, присматриваюсь к аппарату, подскажи почем и где заказывал и какой комплект?

Конкретно свой я купил прямо в Киеве, человеку не подошёл из-за отсутствия русского в стоке. А обычно покупаю на aliexpress.
По комплекту - минимум. Коробка, зарядка, запасная книжка и документация.

polumish
Интересующийся

Сообщение Ответ:#32 » Burs » 13 ноя 2013, 23:53

Here's some new info regarding unlocking the rest of 3G/UTMS bands. As you all might already know, 3G WCDMA is locked to 2100Mhz only, leaving the rest of the world connected to 900Mhz on using the slow EDGE network only. That is even more tragic knowing the modem inside our phones support other frequencies as well.

So, I was playing around for a while and been able to connect to phone's modem/radio using HyperTerminal app. First of all, one must use WindowsXP, because current modem drivers are not compatible with newer operating systems (at least for me). Using AT commands I was able to get the built-in configuration of all supported GSM/UMTS bands, and I got exactly what the specs say and what's already printed on the box we bought.

Using the same command (QCBANDPREF) I was able to add WCDMA 900Mhz support (as you can see in the screenshot I attached to this post). After that I was really hoping I will be able to connect to 900Mhz-only tower I'm living close to, but it turns out I'm still crawling on EDGE speed. Although I made the change permanent without changing across boot, the phone restart didn't changed anything. I also tried every possible network combination in Android's hidden test menu (*#*#4636#*#*), but that didn't made any effect as well.

Now that WCDMA 900 is on the list of preferred networks, the phone should use it, because on most articles I found on the internet, I see the modem is quad-band capable both for gsm and umts. Does anyone have an idea why doesn't that work? Or is there something I left out of equasion?

Any thoughts and/or ideas are appeciated.

3G-900.PNG
UMTS bands before and after
(10.22 КБ) Скачиваний: 332

Burs
Новичок

Сообщение Ответ:#33 » polumish » 14 ноя 2013, 02:03

3.11.8 Giomodded MIUI - добавил в шапку
Список изменений - http://miui.su/miui-3-11-8-spisok-izmeneniy

polumish
Интересующийся

Сообщение Ответ:#34 » polumish » 17 ноя 2013, 13:38

UKZ_ROM
Новая прошивка с русским языком, благодарим Urolog_KZ с 4PDA
MEGA
Основана на стоке .32. Больше всего похоже на утечку официальной, но утверждать не буду.
Русификация - процентов 80, кроме русского много других языков, root, gapps. Прошивка не деодексирована, стабильна.
От себя добавил поддержку приложений в /data (можно в архив в папку /data прямо перед прошивкой класть), поддержку скриптов в init.d, zipalign. Тест в Антуту - 20498.

polumish
Интересующийся

Сообщение Ответ:#35 » Burs » 17 ноя 2013, 14:02

polumish писал(а) on 17 ноя 2013, 13:38:Русификация - процентов 80, кроме русского много других языков, root, gapps. Прошивка не деодексирована, стабильна.

Can you be more specific as to what languages are included? A screenshot would be great! Thanks.

Burs
Новичок

Сообщение Ответ:#36 » n0Brain » 17 ноя 2013, 16:50

polumish писал(а) on 14 ноя 2013, 02:03:3.11.8 Giomodded MIUI - добавил в шапку
Список изменений - http://miui.su/miui-3-11-8-spisok-izmeneniy

Отличная прошивка! Но все же некоторые приложения вылетают при попытке их настроить (MX Player, Dark Birthday и т.п.). Есть возможность расширить список действий по долгому нажатию сенсорных кнопок? Очень не хватает перевода в спящий режим (выключение экрана).

n0Brain
Интересующийся

Сообщение Ответ:#37 » polumish » 17 ноя 2013, 21:46

Burs писал(а) on 17 ноя 2013, 14:02:Can you be more specific as to what languages are included? A screenshot would be great! Thanks.

76 languages included ) need 10 screenshots.

15 батареек для UKZ прошивки -
MEGA
Ну, и откат на родную -
MEGA

Прошиваем через рекавери, без очисток. После перезагрузки идём в "Настройки">"Экран">"Battery style"

Добавлено спустя 18 часов 8 минут 4 секунды:
MIUI
3.11.15 Giomodded MIUI
(перевёл и добавил гаппсы, rootexplorer, titanium backup, камеру из .32) - в шапке
MIUI ROM 3.11.15 Full Changelog
[System]
Optimization - Optimized screen sensitivity for glove mode (11-14)
[Phone]
Optimization - Increased compatibility for some types of SIM cards (11-14)
Fix - Sometimes, because of a display error (area too small), users couldn't answer incoming calls (11-14)
[Blocklist]
Optimization - Users can enter blocklist directly from dial pad (11-14)
[Messaging]
New - All notification messages (e.g. messages from the bank) are displayed in a special thread (11-12)
[Lock screen, status bar, notification shade]
New - Wi-Fi toggle can directly show the name of connected wireless network (11-12)
New - Floating notification bar can display system notifications (e.g. When system update is completed). User no longer has to pull down Notification shade to view these types of notifications. (11-13)
Optimization - The option of "drop-down notification bar at lock screen" is enabled by default (11-12)
[Gallery]
New - Brand new version of photo selection interface (11-12)
Optimization - New uploading and downloading mechanism for MiCloud album is used to improve stability and efficiency (11-12)
Fix - When Gallery is started for the first time, photos do not display until home page gets black screen for a few seconds (11-12)
Fix - Deleting photos on home page is laggy(11-12)
Fix - Photo albums cover was missing the "Add video" icon (11-13)
Fix - On Mi1 phones, app would FC when trying to scan a QR code (11-13)
[Downloads]
Fix - Sometimes, swiping "Downloading" tab to enter "Downloaded" might cause FC (11-12)
[Security]
New - Cache cleaner, Data usage, Blocklist, Power management, Virus scan, and Permissions manager have been grouped together on a single interface (11-13) (This feature is only released for Xiaomi MI2, MI2S and Mi2A this week, other devices might get it hopefully next week. Sorry for the delay.)

polumish
Интересующийся

Сообщение Ответ:#38 » EAgle » 18 ноя 2013, 21:10

Получил сегодня телефон, проверил прошивки от polumish и ukz_rom. На второй прошивке при ребуте выскакивает запрос о диапазоне сим-карты, пришлось выставить GSM Only (все равно 4г у нас нет, а 3г работает не везде). В целом, прошивка от polumish понравилась больше, в том числе и предустановленным софтом (тоже пользуюсь нова лаунчер). Буду тестировать MIUI, ну и с удовольствием готов поработать бета-тестером, потому что телефон очень хорош, хочется его допиливать.
ZTE Nubia Mini

EAgle
Пользователь

Сообщение Ответ:#39 » Kano » 20 ноя 2013, 09:55

EAgle писал(а) on 18 ноя 2013, 21:10:Получил сегодня телефон

где заказывал? и что в комплекте шло?

Kano
Новичок

Сообщение Ответ:#40 » EAgle » 20 ноя 2013, 10:22

Kano писал(а) on 20 ноя 2013, 09:55:где заказывал? и что в комплекте шло?

брал по акции на тугезо у этерналов. комплект минимальный - тело, зарядка, кабель, вторая крышка. ношу телефон в кармане, без пленки и чехлов, звук и вибро отличные, спутники ловит с полпинка (постоянно юзаю дубльгис). аккумулятор пока не проверял, постоянные прошивки-установки софта через вай-фай - заряд расходуется. телефон, кстати, с белой крышкой, смотрится отлично.
ZTE Nubia Mini

EAgle
Пользователь

Пред.След.

Вернуться в Обсуждение китайских смартфонов ZTE