[HELP] - repairing bricked star A8

Forum for foreigners

Модераторы: Lunat, pvsurkov, AlexG1, KSAT

Сообщение Ответ:#1 » stsmuniz » 10 мар 2012, 08:10

Hi all

I have a Star A8 chinese phone and it bricked after 2 months using it. I'd like to see a tutorial for unbricking my device. How to install a rom, etc.

Thanks for your attention

stsmuniz
Новичок

Re: [HELP] - repairing bricked star A8

Сообщение Ответ:#2 » Serg_Phantom » 12 мар 2012, 19:16

stsmuniz писал(а):I have a Star A8 chinese phone and it bricked after 2 months using it. I'd like to see a tutorial for unbricking my device. How to install a rom, etc.

How (in such way) did your phone become bricked? Please, describe your actions which leaded to this, step-by-step.
Can you enter a recovery, connecting phone to the charging cable and holding Volume+ button when turning phone on?
Последний раз редактировалось Serg_Phantom 12 мар 2012, 19:17, всего редактировалось 1 раз.
Флюгер был приколочен намертво, и ветер обреченно дул в указанную сторону.
 Мои аппараты

Serg_Phantom
Специалист

Сообщение Ответ:#3 » stsmuniz » 13 мар 2012, 08:06

The last time I used the phone I installed Fast Home from Android Market and played with some of it's settings, then on the next day I looked to the phone It was turned off and since then It get stuck on the android logo screen.

Yes, I can get to recovery mode.

stsmuniz
Новичок

Сообщение Ответ:#4 » Serg_Phantom » 15 мар 2012, 14:32

First of all, you need to use alternative multi-functional recovery from here (click on the "592zn.com_recovery_A8Toch_MT6516.zip" link there). Install it to your phone using FlashTool utility (click on SP_Flash_Tool_v2.1134.00.rar link; you also need the scatter file - you'll find the link to it near there). The 1st part of that message also contains detailed description of burning process. Try to use Google translate. Attention! That site requires registration to download files!

Next,

0. Backup your current state of the phone!!! Use Nandroid backup in the recovery.

1. Try to wipe /cache from the recovery and start the phone. Success? Congratulations, you lost almost nothing.

2. If not, try to wipe /data. This will erase all your data and installed custom software. But, with high probability, you'll successfully start your phone. If you need your data, there are some ways to restore them later, but this be rather complicated (if you didn't care about this before, of course, e.g. using Titanium Backup Pro).

3. If wiping /cache and /data didn't help, the most simple way is to just install new clean firmware. E.g., official firmware v.2.2.1 you can download here. Install it just as described in the pts.2-3 of the message mentioned above. Because you can not save IMEIs using your phone, as described there, you can use adb from the Google SDK with installed recovery to do this. You need to enter the recovery with the cable connected to a computer, and choose Mounts - Mount /data. How to use adb to save/load files from/to the phone to/from a computer - can easily be googled in english.
Последний раз редактировалось Serg_Phantom 19 мар 2012, 20:04, всего редактировалось 3 раз(а).
Флюгер был приколочен намертво, и ветер обреченно дул в указанную сторону.
 Мои аппараты

Serg_Phantom
Специалист

Сообщение Ответ:#5 » Danyelutzu Yo » 25 фев 2013, 12:01

i have looking for you!

Danyelutzu Yo
Новичок

Вернуться в International Forum